Monday, April 26, 2010

Day Five and Still Alive.

Hard to imagine I’ve made it this far.  Of course not being able to afford smokes has sort of made the decision to quit for me.  I will stay quit, one day at a time, even when the day comes when I can afford them.  And that time is coming in a couple days.

It’s two cups of coffee so far this morning.  Think I’ll have another.  I know it’s said to avoid having coffee when you quit, but it seems to calm me and make me feel good.  So I’ll continue to do what I’m doing and have several cups.  As it is said. “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

Took a step outside and a nice walk to the market.  I could smell salt in the air even though I’m not really close to the water.  I could smell the burning wood coming from chimney’s.  And when I got home and opened the door, I didn’t smell the horrible stench of cigarette smoke that usually lingered perpetually in the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment